An interview with Dysphonia
Even if Greece is some thousand miles away from England and particularly from Blackpool, Just Radio discovered punk band Dysphonia and took an extraordinary interview.. Enjoy.
– Good evening guys, thank you so much for your interview for Just Radio.Tell us are are you from?
– We are from Blackpool, Uk.
– There are people her in Just Radio that might hear you for the first time. What kind of music do you play?
– We would describe our music as Post Punk/punk.
– Dysphonia.. Why did you name your band Dysphonia? How did you come up with that name?
– The name Dysphonia came from when Paul the main vocalist lost his voice at work ( when workin in a Contact Centre ).. My condition waz called Dysphonia (which means loss of voice or a voice disorder). At the time in late 2010 there were just 3 members me (Paul ) Adi ( bass ) and the guitarist at that time Jake … The other two said wat a great name for a band so it stuck.
– How long you are in the music industry?
– Dysphonia haz been goin for 4 years but in the current line up 2 n 1/2 years ..
– What’s an inspiration source for you?
– Inspirations, all things Good. Theres too much bad in the world.
– Recently you released your album “Who Ate All The Pidgeons“ and then the“ Tapes Running“ Tell us about those two albums.
– “Who Ate All The Pidgeons” the first EP… 5 Songs which set us up really as Dysphonia the better ones and all we could afford to do at the time mixed bag. Songs relating to relationships a hint of 1984 (the book) and illness and also Marlon Brando. “Tapes Running” named so cos wen we are in the studio’s practice room we used to tape yes tape our songs on a small tape recorder and when we started the song we say “shhhhhhhh Tapes Running” The song “Over the Wyre” Wyre is a place near Blackpool where we live and is always a gud starter for gigs other songs are about Life, Asia, Relationships, not living in a proper world, arguments and Killing off a few men so the men can have more women ha ha ..
– You cooperated with the band Barb Wire Doll show so?
– Barb Wire Dolls you said well at Rebellion Punk Festival 2013 we played within 15 mins of each other.. Then they did a handfull of gigs in late 2013 in the UK And we got put onto thier first gig in Wigan UK the venue then put us on support pyn and Isis remembering us from Rebellion and correspondence between us (it waz a great nite) i will post a few photos at the end of this interview.. Yeaaaaaaa !!!!
– Would come to Greece for a gig if you had the chance?
– Greece would be brilliant to come and play but we cannott afford it unless there was someone who could put up the funds for our flights n accommodation so we wudnt be outta pocket.
– Are there any bands or solo artist that you’d love to work with? If so, who are these?
– Bands we have played n supported have been Vice Squad, The Fall, Inca Babies, Barb Wire Dolls, The Zips played at the same festival as The Damned, The Buzzcocks, The Rezillos, Jello Biafra, Eddie and The Hotrods, NOFX, Killing Joke, UK Subs to name but a few. Jello Biafra likes our band and has our cd and has watched and spoke with us in his words he said “We are geniuely Warped” We would like the chance to work with him.
– Are you working on something new? Should we wait for a new album, gig or tour?
– This Friday 26 Sept 14 we are supporting an old punk band from late 70’s called Ed Banger and The Nosebleeds (who used to have Morrissey and Billy Duffy (The Cult) were in the early days again this is in Wigan UK. We have a few more gigs coming up after that too. We do have more songs in the pipeline but are going to do others and pick the best for a new album. Talking of Jello Biafra we did “Holiday in Cambodia” at a charity gig just recently.
– Where can your friends find you? Fb, twitter, youtube channel or anything else you are using.
– You can find us mainly on Facebook where you will find our website and some of our songs on “Soundcloud”, Twitter @dysphoniapunks, Reverbnation, youtube under Dysphonia Rebellion OR Dysphonia punk or you could type in Dysphonia the band into google (please do not get us mixed up with the band of the same name from Spain who are a COVER band BOOOO). We hope to get new fans from Greece so folks look onto our facebook page NOW.
– Thank you.
– Thanks from Paul, Banny – Vocalist, Adi – Bass, Mike (many boxes) – Guitarist and GAZ – Drums.
- Πληροφοριακά Στοιχεία
- Δημοσιεύθηκε : 27 Απριλίου 20